Saturday, February 27, 2010

Is eBay facing seller revolt?

Is eBay facing seller revolt? is the title of this article. Once again eBay is making changes to its fee scale and some are not happy. I've been selling on eBay since August 11, 1998 and I've seen many changes there. The only change I had the most difficulty adapting to was when eBay went strictly to using PayPal for payments and even that was an easy shift for me. I miss the checks and money orders but PayPal makes life at eBay less complicated.

Personally, I like eBay and am a loyal follower. With eBay you can never be unemployed. Over the years eBay has made life as a seller very simple and easy. I remember when we had to do everything from writing our own invoice to emailing the buyer or seller directly. I love all the new features of eBay and yes, it seems as though things change every other week but the benefits far outweigh the hassles. Change is good for many reasons. There is a wonderful spirit of community at eBay and I enjoy reading the many and varied opinions of both buyers and sellers. Let's face it, most of us are BOTH buyer and seller and eBay is looking out for our best interest.

No comments: